Chill Day | Capital Hills Students
Capital Hills Campus
Outside the Capital Hills Campus
What is Chill Day?
Saturday, November 21 our Capital Hills Student Ministry will be taking over the campus (outside of course). It's the perfect day to take a break from class, work, video games, and re-watching the same tv show... for the 20th time. (p.s. because of the nature of Chill Day there will be no student small groups on Sunday, November 22)
Who is Chill Day for?
- Students grades 5-12 (friends are encouraged and invited to attend, though they will need to register)
- Any parent who wants to stick around and volunteer to have 4 hours of fun (grown ups need to chill, too)
What's happening at Chill Day?
- 12 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. : Food and Free Chill Time (e.g., Knockerballs, Basketball Court, Nine Square, Yard/Tailgating Games, Scooter Races, Hammock Hangouts, Fishing, Walking)
- 1:30 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. : Optional, Co-ordinated Chill Activities (e.g., Trivia, 3on3 Basketball, Finger Painting, Student Led Evangelism Training, Ultimate Tournament)
- 2:45 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. : Chillsembly (Okay, we made that word up. Here we will have some silly, ridiculous fun & a short message from the Bible)
- 3:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. : Closing Chill Group Activity
- 5:00 p.m. : Family Movie Night
What's this about a Canned Food Drive leading up to Chill Day?
YES! We love to serve! Leading up to our Chill Day we are doing a canned food drive to bless the ministries of The Raleigh Dream Center (you should've received an email last week with more details on this. Let us know if that is not the case!). Your students can bring nonperishable food items to the campus during the week (leave them at the front door with a name/grade if no one is inside), at our student small groups this weekend, during our Thursday Night or Sunday Morning services, or at the Chill Day. Which ever grade brings the most goods by ratio /weight will win a pizza party on the small group following Thanksgiving! Feel free to get your neighbors, home gatherings, and small groups involved! We all have food sitting in our pantries that for whatever reason we're never going to eat. May as well send it to someone who will!
How are we keeping Chill Day safe?
- Masks will be required in all spaces and activities where social distancing is not feasible (Same rules as Sunday Nights, view section 2 of our Covid-19 Regathering Guidelines)
- Wellness checks will be done upon check-in (Temp checks and questions regarding COVID symptoms)
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the area
- Masks and back up masks for students who forget, lose, or abuse their masks
- Indoor facilities will only be open for restrooms
How do we register for Chill Day?
- Register here! There is no cost, but we do need to know who is coming!
Date / Time
William Calhoun III
Registration closed on Saturday, November 21, 2020