Read John 15:10
If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.
Obedience is not optional. It is one of the indicators that we are being transformed by the love of God. 1 John 5:3–4 says, “In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.”
Prayers for Today:
- Pray that, as a church family, we would be marked by our unwavering obedience to the Word of God.
- Ask God to keep our staff and pastors from sin, and remaining in his love.
- Pray that we would advocate for and lead each other to pursue personal holiness.
- Ask God to show you any places where you are not walking in obedience to him. Confess and repent.
- Pray that we would be faithful in calling others to follow us as we follow Christ.